ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChickenWang
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Have a T1i: Need a New Lenses - High Quality Landscapes/Portraits
Jan 27, 2013

Hey DPR!

I've owned my T1i for almost 3 years now and have been working with the 18-55 and 55-250. I feel that my skill has gotten significantly better and is comparable to many others who are shooting  with gear worth 5-10x more than mine.

Looking for new lenses, but I'm not sure what to look for. I don't really have a budget. Going to find a lenses that I want, and hopefully work my budget around that.

I love super high quality photos as I want my photoshoot photos to be of high, professional quality. (I enjoy street photography, landscape photography, photoshoots for friends/events for fun). These events include: concerts (indoor shooting), outdoor sports, school, etc.

Here is my thought process for the past few weeks (from reading and suggestions):

List is somewhat chronological; it's basically a list of all lenses people have recommended.

- Buy a 50mm f/1.8. Reason: cheap, low light, quality for the price.

- Get 28-135. $180-200 for second hand.

- Get 17-85.

- Get 85mm f/1.8

- Get 24-105. Just get to the point, probably going to end up with one eventually right?

So now I've basically hit the $500-700 market for a 24-105.

I'm lost. [bolded text above show my needs/wants/niche].

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow