OM-D body only or with kit?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
sarlo100
Senior MemberPosts: 1,323Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D body only or with kit?
In reply to 94, Jan 27, 2013

94 wrote:

After I bought the kit I went back into B&H and found that I might have been better off to buy the body only and the M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom Lens because that lens, alhough more expensive, seems from reviews to give good performance and does qualify for a $150. rebate during Jan.

I've been sorta' klicking myself over that even though I already own the Panasonic 45-200mm that's a nice lens.

This 14-150mm seems like a perfect carry lens to me for general walk-around use.

Who amongst us does not kick themselves now and then, eh?

You could probably get out from under that kit lens and get your 14-150 at minimal cost.

http://www.cameta.com/Olympus-M-Zuiko-14-150mm-f-4-0-5-6-Micro-ED-Digital-Zoom-Lens-Factory-Demo-60908.cfm

I've bought a few different "factory demo" items from Cameta, and I'll be damned if they don't look brand new - and at a massive discount.  The full 1 year warranty helps.

sarlo100's gear list:sarlo100's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow