NX100 + Minolta 135mm f/2.8 = :-)

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
sixfootzero
Regular MemberPosts: 467
Like?
Re:(What is "OLED shimmer".)
In reply to jeffsvisions, Jan 27, 2013

Geoff-san,

Nice lens you have there, and I like the images you selected.  While trolling ebay for this lens I bid on the later lenses like yours.  I liked the idea of the integral shade, and the newer optical design.  Ultimately, that style of lens was going for about double what I paid for mine.

jeffsvisions wrote:

What is this (Beyond the "OLED shimmer".) that you are talking about with manual lens and the nx100.

-- hide signature --

The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

The OLED Shimmer is a subtle, but reasonably reliable indication that an area of the image is in focus.  In areas with fine details are in focus, I guess there's a large amount of contrast from one pixel to the next and it almost reads like a moire patten on the display.  Any movement of the camera (Impossible to avoid if you're shooting hand-held.) will make this pattern more obvious as it moves around the screen in sync with the image.  Out of focus areas are much smoother and more even, and there's none of this sharper visual activity.

It all sounds very mysterious, but once you notice it you'll wonder why you never saw it before... 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow