LX7 with LVF2: Is it hard to handle Aspect control dial and Aperture on lens with LVF2?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Francis Carver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093
Like?
LVF-2 may be a better answer than a Clearviewer
In reply to Cyril Catt, Jan 27, 2013

Cyril Catt wrote:

The premium model of the Clearviewer provides a better view than the ordinary one.

Because the LVF2 has a narrower field of view than the Clearviewer's, and because it displays 1,440,000 dots compared to the LCD's 921,600 dots, I cannot discern individual dots with the LVF2, though I can just do so with the Clearviewer: however they are not as disturbing as the 460,000 dots on my LX3 LCD. Of course, people with more acute vision - able to see the moons of Jupiter with their naked eyes, for instance - may discern dots with the LVF2.

As the LVF2's field of view is about 70% of the Clearviewer's, I also find the LVF2 is more convenient to use when wearing spectacles. (As The LVF2 also has a diopter adjustment I also find it better to use without wearing spectacles, although that is unlikely, as without my spectacles I cannot see clearly to choose distant subjects in the first place!)

Cyril

No idea at all what a "Clearviewer" really is -- and from the looks of it, neither does Panasonic.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-LX7K?t=accessories

Now, they do list a "View Finder" accessory for $224.96, so that gotta be the "clearview" or "clear viewer," unless it's a battery or camera strap or cable, that is. Whatever.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow