Getting rid of the V1

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
JBrian
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: Getting rid of the V1
In reply to Kiet_Hang, Jan 27, 2013

Well the V1 is not for everyone. I had a V1, couple lenses 10-30, 30-110 and flash and sold it last month also. I liked most things about the V1, the IQ was pretty good and loved the AF speed. One thing that really irked me though was the drop in price of the V1. I paid pretty close to full price 7 months ago, so I lost a lot of $$ in this system. I don't plan on any camera really holding value except Leica and a few others but damn... this one hurt.

I have an Canon S95 to hold me down for now. I came to a realization that most of my best (memorable) shots all came from my old and sold Canon Rebel XT dSLR with mid grade lenses. I might make the jump back into dSLR's but this time into a full frame Canon 6D.

For some reason the dSLR helped inspire confidence that I don't get with smaller pocket cameras and usually showed in the end result. Don't get me wrong, I had some good results with the V1, but I still felt unsatisfied. I try to tell myself that it doesn't matter what camera I use and that I can make good shots with whatever I have, but I'm still looking for those and think I need an more capable system.

J.G.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow