Started Jan 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carmen13
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
UV filter for the RX1?
Jan 27, 2013

I pulled the trigger tonight on the RX1.  A bit beyond my budget, but it's been a long time since I've seen pictures come out of a camera that make me feel like this one does.  The F717 (my first digital camera) and the R1 both gave me that same quickening of the pulse.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone who's using the RX1 uses UV/or another protective filter on it?  I very much want to protect the lens, but not at the cost of IQ.  Is there a filter you recommend?  Or are you not using one at all?

I had a UV filter on one of my cameras once, and I took it off right away because it changed the output just enough to bother me.  Having said that, it wasn't a terribly expensive filter, so that may have been the problem.  Ever since then I've gone without filters and been very fortunate, but I don't want to take chances with the new camera if it's not necessary.

I realize a good filter isn't cheap, but it seems like a small price to pay in this case.  Any advice on brands and if/how they affect the IQ is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carmen

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow