Slightly OT raw converter discussion

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
Re: New version
In reply to Gerry Winterbourne, Jan 27, 2013

That is very well done, Gerry. I've looked at both the full-sized jpg and the tiff.

I don't know or have ACR, so I opened the tiff file in Photoshop and the jpg straight out of dropbox (the default viewer for images in dropbox) and it certainly matches the Irfanview image in all respects and surpasses it in others.

It is almost two o'clock up here, so I am going to postpone further examination until tomorrow (or maybe just a few more minutes of playing around before I hit the sack :-)).

Much food for thought. In the meantime I have upgraded to LR 4 and tried some of the "quick" settings there to see if they approximate your results and those of the others.

With any luck, and some dedication, I'll be able to upload directly from LR at some point and skip the Irfanview/Picasa sidestep altogether for "quick posts". I will of course keep using LR (and CS5) for images that are worth spending time on, as I have done since LR 1.

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow