The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
theNeverKings
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: The End Of My X-Pro Era
In reply to Oz Rat, Jan 27, 2013

Oz Rat wrote:

You ain't goen to get the name of the dealer cause there is none. this is a full on troll post as far as i can see. i mean who would be happy with a limix GH3 over an xpro1. Like saying a toyota is better than a porche. I reckon total rubbish anyway.

G'Day Oz Rat.

Perhaps you might benefit from looking a bit further;-)

I had the XPro1/35 f1.4 combo but ended up getting rid of it for a variety of reasons (mainly the focus system), however, it did highlight the  usefulness of a compact system to me, and I am currently investigating the OMD EM5. So far it is looking very promising! Side by side testing has shown the OMD IQ is superior to my D90 and on par with my D7000 (can't compete with the XPro1 high ISO, but what can?).

I was initially concerned with the greater depth of field/crop factor of the OMD until I realised that I have never had a photo ruined by too much depth of field but have had shots ruined by not enough DOF! Another revelation, as someone who has become interested in urban/street photography, was just how useful the tilt screen/touch focus/activate shutter system is. Coupled with the small but high quality prime lenses, it all adds up to a formidable system.

Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow