why do photos need color correction prior to printing ?

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Questions thread
gscotten
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
Re: So an about turn
In reply to coder01, Jan 26, 2013

coder01 wrote:

Ok, thanks. I have tried to ensure only PE is managing the color. I cannot find a canon printer utility to turn off cannon color management. I believe the canon driver is embedded in PE as PE asks me to make a choice for color management, its PE or Printer. It doesn't seem like PE will allow both and since I am checking off PE I am assuming that is turning off the printer color management.

You have to disable the color management in the print driver even if you select "Photoshop Elements manages color." When you select that option, it should remind you below that "Did you remember to disable CM in the printer preferences."  If you go into the Printer Preferences, you should be able to turn it off. On my Pro 9000 you have to click Color Manual adjustment, Matching tab, and select "None." Not intuitive, but well documented, at least on this forum.

And, your updated image still has a monitor profile attached. It should usually have either Adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB IEC61966-2.1. The monitor profile should ONLY be used by the system. Color managed applications get that info from the OS. You should not assign it to your images as a color space.

-- hide signature --

George

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow