Olympus E-P3 vs. $500 Compacts

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,166Gear list
Like?
Ha, ha, ha....
In reply to toomanycanons, Jan 26, 2013

Well, to be more precise, my CAS (or I prefer the more colloquial term - CSS" or Camera Slut Syndrome to be more precise) is really more limited to the enthusiast market scene.  Awhile back I had it bad (several years ago), and I maintained three different complete DSLR systems (with dozens of models from Canon, Nikon, Fuji, and Olympus).  I've since dropped down to one DSLR system - Olympus/Panasonic micro 4/3, and the rest that I have are of the enthusiast types (which I'll never get over, as I'm always looking for that perfect all-in-one model).

There is one Nikon DSLR though that I'm very interested in - and that's the new 24 MP Nikon D5200, which is now making its way into the American Market.  I may have to look at that one ('cause I still have a pristine Nikkor 16-85 VR lens which I've kept because it was such a darling of a lens).  In addition, I had such good luck with the likes of the D90 and D5000 (which I've since sold), that the thought of getting just the Nikon D5200 may be in my future - who knows.

Recently, I elected to update my m4/3 collection a bit by getting the E-PL5, and I've got to tell you that in the short time I've had it, this little tank has really amazed me.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow