Swap K30 for K5ii

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Questions thread
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 440Gear list
Like?
Re: Swap K30 for K5ii
In reply to Pheonix, Jan 26, 2013

I have the K-30 and love it. I moved from the K-x though so it is light years ahead in all respects. From what I have read, I beleive the AF of both is going to be sinilar as they are both  newly released and for the most part use the same AF technology. As for the other things you mention, definately a plus for the 5II.

There are known problems with the current Metz flash units and the K-30 becasue a new FW has not been released yet. I dont beleive it has for the II yet either so you will most likely see the same inconsistancies with the II until it is.  I bought a Metz 52 for my K-30 and though I am quite pleased, there are some issues that I do have that Metz is aware of and working on. I think there was a big pin change with the newest Pentax cams that Metz is having to reverse engineer to figure out. As of now, I think they have only completed this up to the K-01 as that is the last FW update I saw.

If I was going to upgrade, I would probably do it for the battery grip, but not for the top LCD. To me, it would be a nice to have but not worth upgrading for. As for picture output, I think you will see similar output from both cameras.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow