Upgrade path?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,252Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade path?
In reply to yray, Jan 26, 2013

yray wrote:

I also have a suspicion that a slight (or maybe not so slight) change in the AF settings (single point vs 9 points vs 21, release vs release+focus, shorter or longer delay for AF tracking with lock on), or technique (e.g. focusing with shutter half-press or with AF-ON,) if not entirely consistent when comparing AF results across these models may lead to the conclusion that one is much better than the other, while in reality it might very well be that the differences in the setup account for the differences in the outcome.

There is no doubt that differences in AF settings can lead to different results.  I've even had one guy tell me that I needed to use his special, secret AF settings, in order to get better AF performance out of my d7k. But, this isn't rocket science. It's not at all difficult to ensure that the same settings are used on each camera when you are doing tests, using the same conditions and targets.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow