Not how but why do we photograph what we do? Help us to create better images.

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
MurryG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,636Gear list
Like?
Re: Not how but why do we photograph what we do? Help us to create better images.
In reply to VisionLight, Jan 26, 2013

Ed,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as usual but on this one I work very differently.  Assignment or not I never go out without my camera even if I do come home with mudane photos--they are easy to delete and if one of them turns out to be a keeper I don't have to beat myself up for not having my camera.  I always take a few shots as early in my outings as possible to get warmed up just like an athlete.  If I don't it seems I never get started and the sooner I'm shooting the sooner I'm finding things to shoot.  When I find something really interesting to me I shoot it from many different angles to find the best image.  After 50+ years of shooting I always see pictures in my mind's eye every place and regardless of what I'm doing.  I've even had to stop yard work, home repairs, cooking, driving, etc. to take a photo or set up something to photograph.  How I actually see photos is a mystery to me.  I've just trained myself or gotten in the habit of "SEEING" rather than just looking.  Nothing technical here I'm afraid.

Murry

PS tonight is a SX50 night -- FULL MOON :0)

-- hide signature --
 MurryG's gear list:MurryG's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow