Not how but why do we photograph what we do? Help us to create better images.

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,073
Re: Not how but why do we photograph what we do? Help us to create better images.

Ed,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as usual but on this one I work very differently.  Assignment or not I never go out without my camera even if I do come home with mudane photos--they are easy to delete and if one of them turns out to be a keeper I don't have to beat myself up for not having my camera.  I always take a few shots as early in my outings as possible to get warmed up just like an athlete.  If I don't it seems I never get started and the sooner I'm shooting the sooner I'm finding things to shoot.  When I find something really interesting to me I shoot it from many different angles to find the best image.  After 50+ years of shooting I always see pictures in my mind's eye every place and regardless of what I'm doing.  I've even had to stop yard work, home repairs, cooking, driving, etc. to take a photo or set up something to photograph.  How I actually see photos is a mystery to me.  I've just trained myself or gotten in the habit of "SEEING" rather than just looking.  Nothing technical here I'm afraid.

Murry

PS tonight is a SX50 night -- FULL MOON :0)

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow