Does anyone use a 50mm as their main lens on a full frame?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Guidenet
In reply to paulski66, Jan 26, 2013

paulski66 wrote:

Do you take pictures of things other than your gear?

Paul, I'm not sure if that's a contentious remark or not. Whether yes or no, you might should have taken a look at my gallery before asking. The link is by each image as well as by clicking on my screenname. I did that to check yours prior to replying. As often is, some people remind be of the old saying regarding black pots and kettles.

For starters, I only have 17 pictures of my gear for the use on forums to point out something or to make a point. That is considerably less than the gear I own. 17 pictures are in an album called Camera images. My gallery here holds presently 649 total images and it's not my only collection online. Secondly, I do this professionally, making pictures almost every workday of my life. I've been involved in photography for around 50 years and make images using cellphones to 8x10 sheetfilm cameras. I own a rather large studio and darkroom. None of my published or contractual work is online on anything but private access, yet still I have a huge assortment if you're interested. You might have looked prior to asking.

My assortment of images have both good images and not so good images, but they are ones I like and chose to share. Where are your huge collections of images such that you'd question me without checking?

So, I took a look at your gallery. I see 6 or 7 snaps and no other listed galleries online. You've been a member on these forums for under two years. Paul, I think your question was annoying and presumptious. Like I said, possibly you should have looked first. I don't know. My return question might be, do you take many pictures of much of anything, gear included or do you just give forum advice and make remarks online?

If you were just being nice and forgot to put in the smiley, please forgive my retort, and I'll apollogize. 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow