D800 Orange Burn: Little Help, Please?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
b2martin_a
Regular MemberPosts: 440
Like?
Re: Shooting JPGs? Try Neutral Picture Control.
In reply to Adrian Van, Jan 26, 2013

I don't have a D800, but I see the same issue with my D700.  I find the Nikon Picture Control profiles have too much red/orange in skin tones even when white balance is correct.  Shoot a picture with a Gray Card in the scene that you can use to set the white balance for processing a RAW image - this will remove the white balance as the issue.  I agree Netural is the best profile to use because it's closer to the real colors.   The image appears too bright, so maybe exposure needs reduced.  I don't use Nikon Capture NX2 or View NX2 to process images because I find them too slow and I can not adjust the camera profiles to correct this type problem.  I process NEF files using Photoshop CS6 Adobe Camera RAW using the Camera Neutral profile that was edited with the DNG Profile Editor to correct the skin tones and reds in the image.  I can't get out of camera skin tones that I consider correct since I can't edit the Picture Control Profiles that are in the camera other than sharpening, contrast, saturation, and Hue -  need the ability to edit individual colors which Nikon does not provide.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow