Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,333Gear list
Like?
Why I use SAF+M with EM-5
Jan 26, 2013

Wandering through a local Nature Reserve this morning I spotted a Heron that had just started to think about nest making in the Heronry there. Buried in the trees I had no chance of getting a clear shot as its a protected area with no access so I had to shoot from the path using my 75-300.

SAF was unable to focus on the bird but once it had focused on the structure of the tree I was able to "Tweak" the focus manually homing in on the eye (using the EVF)

By definition its not a great image but it does show enough detail to make it worth recording (each year I produce a record of the entire cycle of nest building, courtship displays, nestlings, fledging and final departure of the new birds from the Heronry)

The first image is 50% of the frame, reduced in size for putting into Photobucket

This is a 100% crop showing the eye detail

Hand-held in each case

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow