Started Jan 26, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Win Robins
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
Dear Friends: Advice urgently needed
Jan 26, 2013

I was sitting fat, dumb and happy over the last 5 years with a D3 and my wife with a D300 (and before that with a D2X and a D200).  I have been taking thousands of images as a volunteer for not-for-profit organizations and my wife doing likewise to a lesser extent.  The clients profess that they are delighted with the results.

Our website is suewinrob.smugmug.com.  Many of the images for clients are not visible on our website, because the law forbids showing children without the parents' consent, which I always obtain (or have the charity do so).  We categorically refuse any suggestion of payment for our images.  Our work (plus our travel costs) is our contribution to these charities.

All of a sudden, I learned that one of the principal "clients" wans video in addition to stills.

I have done a litttle research and have come to the conclusion that the 800E is the camera for me and I think (!) that the D600 is the one for my wife, although I don't know how much video she will be shooting.

I use an 18-300 as my regular lens.  Sometimes, when I am looking for higher quality, I use an 70-200 /f2,8.

My wife gets brilliant results with the 18-200, the 24-120 and the 14-24.  She also uses the 80-400 occasionally, as do I.

In addition to our charitable work, we plan a 3-week trip to Japan in April.   And, if our health holds out, African game forests in 2014.

So the question is which camera(s) should I buy under the circumstances?

I have been reading the postings on this site and, frankly, I'm confused.  Any advice that you can offer (other than to tell me that I'm too stupid to use such fine equipment, which is probably true) will be greatly appreciatded.

Win Robins

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow