Let's petition Metabones for a Canon to Fuji SpeedBooster!

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
newone757
Regular MemberPosts: 330Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's petition Metabones for a Canon to Fuji SpeedBooster!
In reply to shigzeo ?, Jan 26, 2013

shigzeo ? wrote:

hellocrowley wrote:

JimLong wrote:

According to their website, the Canon EF to NEX supports auto-aperture, image stablization, EXIF and (slow) autofocus support for late-model (post-2006) Canon-brand lenses. I would assume that if they designed one for the Fuji X mount, it would have the same capability.

They'd need to redesign their adapter to include an aperture ring, since the X bodies can't change aperture.

I'm sure that is not true. The body changes the aperture in the lens after the lens tells the body what setting it wants. The Fuji lenses have NO manual control of aperture or focus. It is as EF as Canon's system is. Fuji would just have to add a separate body-controlled menu item or something to allow more direct electronic control.

And thats the issue. Im not sure Fuji would be willing to add that in camera aperture adjustment just for a 3rd party adapter. I could be wrong though, Fuji seems to listen to its customer base. If any company would make a change for that reason alone, it'd be Fuji

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow