Why to pay a fortune for PW system?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
UKphotographers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,993
Like?
Re: Why to pay a fortune for PW system?
In reply to wint, Jan 26, 2013

wint wrote:

Those who buy PW and pay a fortune, I understand that justifies only the TTL version tt5 and tt1 because over previous versions without TTL, today chinese has many good solutions at a fraction of the price.

Does anyone disagree with me?

I do think that keeping things in proportion is important.

If you can guarantee that you will never NEED TTL, or you will never NEED sequencing, or you will never NEED to synchronise two cameras to a sync signal, or you will never NEED Hypersync or ever NEED to obtain an optimised (higher output) HSS... then you might be OK with chinese.

If you DO think that spending a fortune on triggering underpowered Speedlights/Speedlites is justified, then go for it.

I find Speedlights/Speedlites convenient yet still underpowered, so I spent a fortune on better quality light, higher output light, and a portable, versatile lighting system with its own integrated expandable radio system capable of more than I need which will control any amount of TTL output (if required), and provides real beneficial products which make my life easy as a working photographer. Before buying the radios, I bought the lighting.. fortunately for me I bought Quantum lighting and the FreeXwire radio system which comes with it is brilliant, convenient and simple.

Theres nothing wrong with chinese.. its probably marginally better than the built-in optical slaves that my speedlights possess and I use frequently.

-- hide signature --

Ian.
http://www.commercialphotographer.co.uk
Theres only one sun. Why do I need more than one light to get a natural result?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow