Little help with Las Vegas photography please

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
KENTGA
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,532Gear list
Like?
Re: Little help with Las Vegas photography please
In reply to fare, Jan 26, 2013

There is a visitor center at Red Rock. Here is a link and you can get a trail map there.

http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/

I used to like to take the Calico Springs and the Turtlehead Peak trails. You get to them from the same parking lot.

I'd go to the Venetian and go upstairs and you'll think you're in Venice Italy (not really, but you can imagine). They've got gondolas and everything.

Also, I can't remember the name of the place, but it's near the end of the strip and downtown, but there's a nice park with interesting things that was a wastewater treatment plant. Lots of photo opps. Flowers, windmill, stone exhibits, etc. Maybe somebody will respond with the name.

If you had a day or two, Death Valley would be great. Or Zion and Bryce like someone else mentioned.

I've been to Nelson and I'd only do it if you run out of things to do. It's quite a way from LV and not much else to see around there.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow