Slightly OT raw converter discussion

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Slightly OT raw converter discussion
In reply to Brad99, Jan 26, 2013

You've blown the sky out completely. I'd love to have the RAW file, this type of shot is the hardest to get right and shooting JPG can't do it but RAW can and I get loads of practice at it in the UK:-)

I think the 2 things most obviously needed in the original are highlight control and a boost in sharpening, but not the usual sharpening - a large radius one would help a lot to get the contrast higher in a nice way.

I can't say I'm over impressed by the Irfanview version with its green sea but I believe I know what the OP is looking for.

I will send you the raw  image if you like. I would really be interested in seeing the results. As you say (and I think I said when I posted the image), it is not the easiest of shots to work with.

I am not overly impressed with the Irfanview version either, but Irfanview did in 10 secconds what would have taken me 10-20 minutes without any guarantee of better results.

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow