Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Slightly OT raw converter discussion
In reply to audiobomber, Jan 26, 2013

audiobomber wrote:

jonska wrote:

Back to my question: Is there a way to avoid this Irfanview/Picasa step in order to enable casual posting directly from Lightroom?

I'm the wrong guy to ask, I've had LR4 for about a week. I know next to nothing about using it. I did find that Auto Tone gave some nice one-touch improvements.

I have LR v. 3.6. I'm not sure it even has an Auto Tone preset. I'll need to check when I get home. Perhaps I should just upgrade to 4.0 tonight (which I'm going to do anyway at some point) and hope this thread has been a total waste of time and that Lightroom now has the feature I am looking for.

I suppose I'm not fussy enough, but I don't usually spend more than a couple of minutes processing a file. My biggest time waster is what to keep and what to discard, especially when I have eighteen shots of the same scene or critter.

I'm not fussy either - if I were I suppose I wouldn't consider using Irfanview :-). But this is precisely the point. There were 185 shots on the SD card from which the image I posted was taken, and that was after the deletion of about 10-20 images. Ten minutes on each image adds up to over 30* hours!! Even only 2 minutes a shot is six hours!

Hence Irfanview! Or, preferably, a similar feature in LR.

*(Of course this is an exaggeration, as many of the images are similar and only one or two will get processed out of a set of similar images, and even then, copying and pasting settings saves time. The 30 hours is more for effect than to reflect reality).

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow