Starting a Home-Studio - Anybody familiar with Jinbei DM2-400?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
one1002
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Starting a Home-Studio - Anybody familiar with Jinbei DM2-400?
Jan 26, 2013

Hello everyone. I'm planning to setup a home-studio. I'm wondering if anybody has experience working with Jinbei studio lights, particularly the DM2-400? One thing that attracts me is the range of f-stops, which is 7 stops (1/1 - 1/64).

I have a portable battery strobe, which is the Jinbei Discovery 600, which is 600ws (but can be used as a 200ws or 400ws with 5-stops variability). So adding another 2 studio lights would be sufficient for me to start a home-studio.

Here in my country (Malaysia), getting a top-brand lights would be too expensive and quite hard to source. Elinchrom is still a bit pricey for me, not to mention other brands. Jinbei equipments are quite easy to get in my country. Also, i've been reading a lot of forums that rated Jinbei products are very good. It's very popular in German forum (www.dslr-forum.de), although i have to google translate the forum lol.

So, if anybody has any experience with Jinbei studio lights, please post some mini-review or feedbacks (pros-cons). It will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Regards

Adi

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow