Started Jan 24, 2013 | Questions thread
JJMacks
Forum ProPosts: 10,111Gear list
Like?
Re: JJ
In reply to irvcobb, Jan 26, 2013

Yes the download link is

http://lumens.se/media/files/tychpanel.zxp

It should download as a zxp file and zxp file has the same format as a zip file this allows a manual installation. You rename the zxp file to zip and can extract it.

CS6 users may need to do both since you have extracted the zip file leave the extracted tree on your system. Rename the ZIP file to a ZXP file then start Adobe Extension Manager CS6. You can then use Menu File Open or the install menu and point the open dialog to the ZXP file and click OK to install the panel. Read the Bridge CS6 note on the install page you may need to copy the "Tych Panel.jsx" from the extracted tree script folder to your Bridge start up scripts folder if the right click items to add rows and columns are not in the bridges right click menu.

You can use Tych from the Bridge right click menu and from from Photoshop's menu Window Extension Tych Panel. Can not use it from mini bridge. If you use it from Photoshop you may or may not get thumbnails in the reorder panel which is enabled by default. You can turn the panel off. Look at the options panel and understand what the setting do. If you plan on adding many rows and columns I would suggest turning on the smart object option.

IMO Tych is very good at throwing rows and columns of images together for use in web pages. You may be able to through come collages together for printing however you will have more control over print collages using other packages that use collage template file for print size, layout, image position, rotation and shape. Not just though image together and have scripts that add rows and columns the optimum way given the current set of images.

The scripts in the Tych panel are very good and work well. Think I may have seen a bug during testing but I did not understand what I was going. In normal use Tych seems to be quite bug free as well as free.

-- hide signature --

JJMack

JJMacks's gear list:JJMacks's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JJNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow