Why are full-frame SLR cameras so big?

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thorgrem
Regular MemberPosts: 395Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are full-frame SLR cameras so big?
In reply to Roberto de La Tour, Jan 26, 2013

Roberto de La Tour wrote:

I mean, remember film 35mm heroic times? Remember the "tiny" Pentax MX and ME super? Afrer all the fundamental optical laws of focal distance etc did not change, no? And electronics and battery space could fit where film was, no?

-- hide signature --

Roberto

I don't remember because I was born in '81. I mist all these great camera's. But I think I was a sad thing that everything was getting bigger and heavier. I take photography as a hobby and full frame is way to big for me to carry around. Even a enthusiast dSLR is to big and heavy for me to carry all day. Not that I am physically unable, but I just don't want to. That's why I like m4/3 so much. Look at the E-M5. It is the same size of a old OM but digital and it delivers good quality. Even the lenses are nicely small.

Thorgrem's gear list:Thorgrem's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow