How Nikon colors changed over the years.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
MTT
MTT
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,952
Like?
Overcast day?
In reply to Kevin P Kitching, Jan 26, 2013

Most of my profiles I make are duel illuminate profiles. One image shot under incandescent light and one in bright day light. Then I use adobe profile editor to make my profiles. I even made a profile using just my studio lights and there was still a slight difference between my D300's and my D600. Where the D70 had the biggest difference. But I was using adobe profile editor. I have tried using the X-Rite Lightroom plugin but I did not like the end results, the image had to much contrast and I didn't like how the profile made the skin tone look. So I didn't spend to much time in LR trying to find ways of making it look good. Maybe I will give it another shot if the profile will give me a more even results between cameras.

Thanks,

Kevin P Kitching wrote:

Hi,

Firstly, I shoot the Colorchecker passport with each body (with same lens) in the same lighting (I choose overcast weather - outdoors) and within a few minutes. I then create profiles from each camera using the X-Rite Lightroom plugin.

After importing images from each camera I apply the appropriate profile and guess what? The colours match!

I use more than Nikon, so I have to ensure consistancy across bodies and the above works for me. Also have a totally colour balanced (profiled) workflow too.

Hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

Kevin P Kitching

-- hide signature --

http://mtt.smugmug.com/photos/245519815-O.gif This is me Post Processing. If only I can get it right the first time! Full time auto tech, part time photographer. Mark Thompson/MTT Louisville, KY. USA Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'.. but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to? http://markthompsonphotos.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow