I MUST be doing something wrong

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
frenchy01
Regular MemberPosts: 240
Like?
This is a technical forum...
In reply to Steve Bingham, Jan 26, 2013

Steve,

I am with Nikon for a long time now (F801, F100, D70, D200, D300, D800) and like you I never had a problem until I got the D800: left AF issue as you could guess.

This is a technical forum after all, and if this is not the place to expose and discuss (and hopefully find a solution to) technical problems then I do not know where to find a better place.

Yes, the overall statistics are surely bend towards negatives, but all in all I am convinced that real problems are statistically exposed in this way. Just check the amount of D800 owners with the left AF problem (which has been confirmed by reliable sources like Thom Hogan or LensRental). Not sure you would get this information if the "moaners" weren't complaining. Sure some have faulty test procedures, but again stats will level that. It is also a way to send a message to Nikon. This is also a way to "warn" new buyers about the aspects to check when they buy the camera (not all countries have such an easy "send back and exchange" system as the US).

If the "happy" owners do not want to read about the problems well, then just skip the threads! Or maybe DPREVIEW should create two forums for each camera: one for complains and another for "how to's" ?

Frenchie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow