Security airports

Started Jan 1, 2003 | Discussions thread
glossywhite
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
Re: Is it true that x-rays damage the CCD in the camera?
In reply to Midwest, Jan 26, 2013

Midwest wrote:

glossywhite wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Wellington100 wrote:

glossywhite wrote:

It is a not so well known (read: hidden from public knowledge) fact that airport X-rays DO damage CCDs. I recommend that you watch this video for more information, and don't ask random internet people to provide you with "definitive" answers. Yes, I am also, to you, a random internet person, but you must use a little common sense and intuition when watching the following video, so as to ascertain for yourself ´╗┐whether you think this is a lie or the truth - personally, I think "why would this guy lie?". Digital camera manufacturers aren't going to admit to this, as people generally buy digital cameras to take holiday photos, and guess how many people get to their holiday destination...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98FZ8C6HneE

PS: Digital cameras are over-hyped. Anything that needs SO much hype, must need that hype to forcefully convince people in exaggerated ways, selling the pros, and down-playing the cons, as usual in marketing circles.

Since the OP posted his query, his kids have grown up, left home, gone to college, got married, had kids of their own and they are planning to take them to Disneyworld soon, along with the grandparents

Yes, but glossywhite posted only five hours ago that digital cameras are overhyped, and must be in order to get us to buy them.

ROFLMAO

I happen to enjoy taking hundreds of photos without buying film, getting it processed, spending 25 or 50 cents every time I press the shutter release, and ending up with a box of little paper squares waiting to fade to greenish or orangish hues. Being able to send photos to ten people without paying to have them printed and then manually putting them in envelopes and stick half a buck of postage on each one. Yeah, someone's got to SELL me on that!

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

"ROFLMAO" ?
Capitalised SMS acronyms shortly followed by overdosed smilies don't help your opinion to be taken very seriously, but I do take your opinion on board; I'll just forget you typed that, as it contributed nothing.

Enjoy taking digital photos - I do it too, so you don't need to take the defensive, passive-aggressive stance, behaving in a manner that would indicate *you* invented the concept. I'm not trying to sell film to you, but I am expressing that I think everything digital IS over-sold and over-hyped, and it is. I am not here to debate with you; I can put the calories burned with each keypress to much more fruitful outcomes than debating with total strangers over which toy is "best" to the protagonists of whichever favoured medium; I shoot both, I **prefer** film, but I am also a realist, not a blinded zealot

I'm not the zealot here, I am the realist. I cannot afford to spend serious money doing what I can do mostly for free and better with digital. Anyone who thinks it's worth spending 25 or 50 cents a shot every time they press the shutter release must have money to burn.

Of course, the opportunity to spend a hundred bucks shooting photos on a weekend or a short trip is very attractive; no wonder digital has to try so hard to be accepted.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

I don't recall saying anyone WAS a zealot, I merely said I *wasn't* a film zealot, and I am sorry if you thought I was saying that; I read back, and maybe I should have phrased it so that it didn't seem like that was what I was saying.
Take care

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow