How Many of These Pics Utlized Flash?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,422Gear list
Like?
Re: A lot more than that
In reply to baloo_buc, Jan 26, 2013

baloo_buc wrote:

Of course it' entirely subjective opinion.

Yes

It has a mood of doom, a little bit patronizing,

How on earth did you come up with that mental interpretation? Shows us how different each of us are. Certainly this is not a digital realistic photo - it looks like some Fine Art or Nat Geo old faded issue. That's what it looks like.

I don't like. It show as if Nepal would be an underworld.

That's your interpretation. I don't think of this look like that.

Although the poverty is severe and the life isn't easy for these children it is a point of view I don't agree. It's like saying look how bad are the people that are not from my country.

That's your interpretation.

More incomprehensible for me is the fact that the photographer works as a teacher for underprivileged children.

Yes, the person is a teacher. Not a Nobel winning philosopher or a Albert Einstein. Lately the photo community has been quoting photographers dead or alive saying how clever they are and deep and meaningful for them to have said this or that. Really, they may be artists but that's all they are. Some of them didn't go to university level in their education. If an artist is passing through a phase in style - that's what they are doing.

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow