Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
krugman
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Re: What I look forward to in the Canon G2X:
In reply to tinpusher, Jan 26, 2013

tinpusher wrote:

mcshan wrote:

The G1X is good but a faster lens would be awesome. Faster response time would be okay too.

When Panasonic tried to answer requests for more zoom range in their LX series they could never quite acheive the brilliance of the lens in the LX3.

Canon have a quite remarkable optic in the G1X and I'd hate to see it spoilt by trying to give us something faster or wider. For me the current lens matches my Leica glass and beats the Zeiss 16-80 on my Sony DSLR .

Long live the current lens!

Funny you should say the G1X lens matches the Leica glass. Here is a direct comparison:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/03/22/a-really-quick-comparison-of-the-canon-g1x-and-leica-m9-what-by-george-sutton/

There are surely instances where Leica glass is better, but you can't tell that from these comparison photos. Remarkable.

Thinking of the G1X primarily in terms of its outstanding image quality seems a lot more fruitful than comparing its features  to  cameras  that can't compete with it in image quality.

Krugman

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow