How can I turn off *all* automatic lens corrections in Lightroom 4?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,064Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I turn off *all* automatic lens corrections in Lightroom 4?
In reply to KL Matt, Jan 26, 2013

KL Matt wrote:

If you look carefully when you start Lightroom and LR opens to an image that is getting these sneaky corrections applied, you'll briefly see the uncorrected RAW image for an instant before it applies the secret profile.

What you see in the Grid view before you import an image is the JPG thumbnail embedded in the RAW file.  This is what you see changing as Lightroom builds its own larger thumbnail as the file is imported.

The JPG embedded in the RAW file by the camera normally has the lens corrections already applied.

If you are seeing the above happen as you open LR with images that have already been imported then yes, LR is applying some sort of automatic lens corrections.

If you want to eliminate this I suggest you first try ExifTool and see if you can change the lens identification with it before importing to LR.  If it works for one image then you can batch apply the change to the other files.  Be sure to get the GUI with ExifTool.

If ExifTool doesn't work then see if some of the other RAW converters have free trials and give them a try.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow