why do photos need color correction prior to printing ?

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,358
Like?
Re: To the OP. Will you Please Post the Picture and ALSO a screen copy of the Histogram.
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Jan 26, 2013

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

coder01 wrote:

here is the entire question.

I own a nikon d7000. I takes beautiful pictures. When I download them to my macbook pro the photos look terrific in iPhoto. When I print them the colors do not match and the image is dark.

Now, before you answer about color profiles and monitor display, let me add some more.

If a good camera takes a photo and that data looks good on the computer with its bright, bright white display why does it need correction to go onto paper. Does this not suggest then that the camera is not capturing the color in the right lighting ? Why doesn't the color look poor on the display and subsequently good on the paper ?

The data from the camera is not being optimized by iphoto or adobe PE for that matter when it is displayed is it , I would think it is being shown as the camera recorded it ? If the camera recorded it right should it be able to be transferred directly to the paper, with it's corresponding ICC profile and look terrific ?

Why do I have to brighten the photo for printing always ? Doesnt this imply the camera is always underexposing it ?

Thanks for your explanations.

To the OP. Will you Please Post the Picture and ALSO a screen copy of the Histogram.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Yes I too want to see the Histogram and photo!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow