Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thetodd34
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
comments from rx100 owner with small children and another one coming
Jan 26, 2013

just my two cents. love the rx100. works well for me trying to get pictures of VERY active 19 month old twins. the object tracking feature is growing on me, particularly for locking on the object, then taking my off the LCD to make faces at my kids, getting them to smile. without using this feature, my camera hand would have inadvertently moved before clicking the shutter, and the focal point would have moved off my children.

i also like the ability to shoot still images while recording HD video, without having the annoying delay/noise/mirror flip when using live-view on my prior canon dslr.

i'm hoping it will suffice for when my wife delivers our third child. because it's a scheduled c-section, like last time, i will be sitting at the head of the bed with my wife, just waiting behind the sheet for the doctor to bring the baby out to show us for a split second. last time i had my canon dslr, but because the doctor brought the babies out for us to see for only a split second before taking them to get cleaned up, i just got a couple blurry pictures of them. this time, i'm going to be shooting HD video with the RX100 the entire time, and then try to also snap still images while still recording. that way, i have two ways of potentially capturing a good picture of the first moment my wife and lay eyes on our new son/daughter -- 1) the still image i just snapped, or 2) extracting a still image from the HD video.

i've found that the still image quality while shooting video is ... OK. not fantastic, not terrible.

anyways, anyone else that is in the same position, having young children, this is just one user's comments on how the rx100 works well for me!

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow