Got a great deal on RX100 ($502 in Japan)

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Keith Lommel
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Got a great deal on RX100 ($502 in Japan)
Jan 26, 2013

I've been lusting after the RX100 as a more capable replacement for my Canon S95 for a while now, and happened to be in Akihabara in Tokyo on the way home from watching the January Grand Sumo Tournament in nearby Ryogoku. So I just popped into the big Yodobashi camera store there just for a quick look-see, and was shocked to see a price tag of only 50,800 yen ($558) on the RX-100, since the going price listed on their website (as well as Bic Camera and others) is 58,800 ($646). When you factor in the 10% store credit you get on your point card that can be used on your next purchase, that comes out to an effective price of only 45720 yen ($502). Well, I'm now the happy owner of a new RX100.

The one catch, of course, is that this is the Japan-only model, so there's no means of changing the menu language to English or other languages.

Oh yeah, and it will not allow the shutter to trip unless the majority of the subjects in the frame are making a peace sign with their fingers. (jk)

Keith Lommel's gear list:Keith Lommel's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +32 more
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow