DP2M In Perspective

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
KM Legacy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,955
Like?
Re: DP2M In Perspective
In reply to DMillier, Jan 26, 2013

Sneer, sneer, sneer. What do you use, and why do you feel it necessary to bash Sigma endlessly? People like me who used to shoot med. format film would have loved to have a tiny camera like the DPxM which produces similar IQ. I didn't care that my med. format cameras could not match the latest 35mm SLRs in terms of film capacity, motor drives, battery life, etc. etc. I didn't go around obsessing about features to see whether my equipment was the latest "state of the art" thing on the market. I knew that med. format could beat any 35mm camera in terms of IQ, and 4x5 could beat med. format, although it was even slower to operate.

Cartier-Bresson made amazing shots of active subjects. Some people here would consider him horribly disadvantaged, because he didn't have any AF or motor drive at all. He didn't obsess bout the technical specs of his camera; he just practiced his skills and learned to exploit what he had.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow