Fire and Snow G15

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Fix and advice
In reply to tkpatric, Jan 25, 2013

Whenever you have a color issue with an image, if you are using PS or PS Elements the easiest way to correct it is to go in to "levels" and then try setting the white point, gray point, and/or the black point.  Just click on the droppers (white, gray or black dropper) and then click on a corresponding part of the image that should be white, gray, or black.  This will easily correct color issues with just one click.  I fixed the OP's image with just one click using the gray dropper only.  Then I set the exposure to plus a little over a stop (snow and/or a bright light source tends to make your camera underexpose).  I did no other processing.  I figured that the snow would naturally pick up some of the hue of the sun and the corn stocks wouldn't be totally black.  Here is the quick fix result:

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow