T. Hogan on D800 QC issue

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
rgolub
Senior MemberPosts: 2,046Gear list
Like?
Re: T. Hogan on D800 QC issue
In reply to inasir1971, Jan 25, 2013

While possible, you're pushing the plausibility argument quite a bit.

I haven't had significant problems with AF fine tune, but I bought FoCal and uploaded my data because I was curious about what it would tell me.

It told me what I had suspected, most of my lenses didn't need any significant fine tuning, Nikon isn't doing a very good job at supporting fine tuning and the FoCal workflow is enough of a PITA that I can go back to doing it 'manually' at least to check.  I don't plan on checking AF fine tune again unless the camera or lens goes back to Nikon.  In the checking I've done over the past several months, the values have remained in a +/- 2 range - not visible or reproducible.

I am going to posit, with exactly the same degree of confidence as you, that my behavior is typical of people that by FoCal - interested but not necessarily one bedeviled by problems.

-- hide signature --

RG www.lostrange.com

rgolub's gear list:rgolub's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow