70-300mm vs a Superzoom? Locked

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,705Gear list
Re: the 70-300VR is very sharp ... watch out for those urban legends ...
In reply to Midwest, Jan 25, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Peter71951 wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Peter71951 wrote:

In case you didn't noticed: we are talking about the quality of Fuji zoom lenses versus cropping pictures made by short range, bulky DSLR lenses. A thousand mm zoom lens camera has no need to crop the images (I won't mention the intelligent, very sophisticated Fuji in-camera software which uses pixel binning for magnification and which results in lossless magnification by a factor two) If I do I'm sure you start crying.

I have no need to shoot photos at such outlandish focal lengths. If I did I would buy a longer tele or zoom and still do better with cropping.

Pixel-binning? "Lossless magnification"? LOL.

waiter: "Sir, would you like me to cut your pizza in four slices or eight slices?"
customer: "Better make it eight! I'm starving!"

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Cropping is very bad for the image quality and a bigger lens is very bad for your back and for your wallet. b.t.w. nowadays I eat my pizza's uncut because my chainsaw is in repair.

Peter

You must be getting the thick crust.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Thick ... I think that says it all.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow