Simple OMD versus GH3.

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
mujana
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921Gear list
Like?
I'm sure Frank:-)
In reply to FrankS009, Jan 25, 2013

FrankS009 wrote:

I think you make the case well for the EM5 as a compromise camera - bigger than the small Panasonic bodies, smaller than the GH3 and a bit lighter (except maybe with grip) but one can use the grip or not.

You are happy with your EM5 and I am glad; but for myself, if I want a small body, I want a specialized small body. And if I want a larger body, i want a specialized large body. For those of us in northern climes, does one buy sets of both winter and summer tires, or one set of compromise "all season" ones? It is a matter of choice. But it is a good idea not to confuse winter and summer tires.

F.

I only have one set of tires (living somewhat in northern climes):-) All those with winter tires tend to drive too fast...because they think they're safe in our winter. More accidents happen:-)

I do suspect however, that the Panasonic is a wonderfull camera (IQ and handling). Possibly  feeling more comfortable in my hands than a OM-D without grip. Could have been my camera at the moment, but I do not care for video and my user experience with Olympus/Zuiko is very possitive. Beside that, I already had the OM-D when the GH3 came out and I never use more than one camera.  I think the GH3 will get more credits in time.

Happy shooting!

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow