Simple OMD versus GH3.

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: Simple OMD versus GH3.
In reply to FrankS009, Jan 25, 2013

FrankS009 wrote:

My point, perhaps made often enough, is that comparing the GH3 and EM5 is like comparing apples and oranges if we focus on the large size of the GH3 and the small size of the EM5.

Panasonic has made two m4/3rd size camera since the GF1 and the G1. We need to compare the EM5 without the grip with the smaller enthusiast post GF1 and GX1 body camera coming from Panasonic according to 43Rumors sometime this year, presumably/hopefully with a GH3 sensor and internal EVF.

I am waiting for that camera, hope they launch it soon. That will be a perfect replacement for the GF1.

If we want to compare the GH3 and the EM5 on the same terms, we need to consider the latter with the grip.

While Panasonic has made two body sizes, the EM5 is a compromise camera that has the same size and weight as the GH3 or a smaller Panasonic body depending on whether it has the grip or not.

One could argue I suppose that it is better to have one camera body than two, but the other side of that argument is that for the larger sized body, the GH3 is less compromised.

F.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God always take the simplest way.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow