Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phoman
Contributing MemberPosts: 875
Like?
From a D800 to a D4 some thoughts.
Jan 25, 2013

Well, many of you perhaps remembered how I complained about 2 of my D800's autofocus in poor lighting condition was unacceptable to me and ruined many photos throughout last year wedding season. I was settled to get a gently used D3s so I will have 2 D3's for this year ( i have shot with D3 and D3s since they comes out, I sold the D3 two months ago ) till I came across Nikon dealer who gave me a great deal on a brand new D4 that he got two weeks ago and promised me a hassle free return should I not like the camera. I was afraid still cuz I heard many times over that the D4 had the same problems in poor lighting condition in low contrast just like the D800. Well, long story short so far after my initial testing it looks promising, it has not failed me yet where my D800 would easily. I keeping my fingers crossed as I do a lot more testing with it throughout few days.

Just thought I would share with you my thoughts, perhaps the latest D4's/D800's that are now coming out of Nikon assembly line have been fixed/improved, I sure hope so.

-Yuriy

Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow