NIK software question

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Terrance Vacha
Contributing MemberPosts: 905Gear list
Like?
Re: NIK software question
In reply to jrk, Jan 25, 2013

jrk wrote:

I am planning on getting more and more involved in B&W photography. I'm currently using LR4 and want to pick up Silver Efex Pro 2 to compliment it. Is it really worth purchasing the entire bundle from NIK which includes not only Silver Efex, but also includes Dfine, Viveza, HDR Efex, Color Efex and Sharpener Pro? Do those of you that have the entire package use the other tools? Do those of you that only have Silver Efex wish you had the other tools?

Thanks for your thoughts, I realize part of the answer is going to be that everyone defines their own path, I just want to see what others have found out after getting involved.

Thanks!

I personally use Dfine on half of my shots, Viveza quite a bit, HDR Efex very little, Color Efex and lot and Sharpener Pro very little. For really bad noise, I use Topaz DeNoise -- it gives me a little more control. Get the version that includes Photoshop plug-in. You will get more use out of the NIK products by using layers.

Terrance Vacha's gear list:Terrance Vacha's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Tamron SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow