Is the 40D still a capable/worthy camera for $365?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,526Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the 40D still a capable/worthy camera for $365?
In reply to Sovern, Jan 25, 2013

Sovern wrote:

Theres a guy in my area on CL selling a Canon 40D with only 3K shutter accutations and the photos that I've seen of the camera body look flawless. It comes with a battery grip and 3 batterys all for $365.

My question is, is the 40D known to have reliability issues and would it make a good primary/secondary camera for wedding photography (I will be shooting with a 5Dclassic more than likely that or a 60D as my main body).

I'm coming from using a Rebel xsi which I bought used for $200 7 months ago and the shutter went on it last night (error99 the shutter is poking over the sensor and appears to be broken.)

So bottom line, is a 40D with only 3K shutter accutations worth $365 and will it be an upgrade/downgrade coming from a Rebel xsi and will it make for a nice backup/secondary camera paired with a 5Dc or 60D?

I could either get another Rebel xsi for $200 and hope the shutter doesn't break or get this camera that's the main dilemma.

Thanks and all the best.

Yes!  The 40D was, and still is, a very capable camera.  I still have mine, and it still takes great pictures.  That sounds like a screamin' deal to me for one.  One with only that many shots on it will make you a fine camera.  I think you will be very pleased with it.

I use mine for backup mostly these days, but I am always rewarded with clear sharp pictures from it when I use it.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow