The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,195
Like?
Re: I'm going the other way
In reply to brudy, Jan 25, 2013

brudy wrote:

You've got it wrong on a few points. Leica's digital M's have no EVF, only an optical vf, which to many people is the reason why they shoot rangefinders. Also, there's a difference in feeling when you as the user have control over the focus as opposed to waiting for the an af camera to achieve focus. It's frustrating if you're used to being in control, even if most of the time the af will be faster. I have an x100 and lots of rangefinder experience (although I don't own a digital Leica) and the user experiences between the two are very different, despite the similarities in body design. I like using both but they are very different and people need to have their expectations set appropriately. Maybe the x100s (and the other two bodies with the af and mf improvements) will be a leica killer, but not now. That doesn't mean either camera won't work for some people, just that they are different experiences.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

This. Even using a good MF lens on my XPro1 feels much better to me. Although it is slower, it's frustration-free because everything is under my control.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow