Which lens to complete the collection?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
jitteringjr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens to complete the collection?
In reply to lubb1, Jan 25, 2013

lubb1 wrote:

I also own a 70-200 f4 L, but I find this a little large and too conspicous with that darn white color.

- Canon 135 mm f2 (seems like a pretty darn good lens, but is the 135mm format a bit too tight?)

The 135/2 is pretty much the same weight as a 70-200/4 and just a little bit shorter.  The white thing is just in your head you must realize.  Most people don't even notice.  I carry mine all over and I don't notice anymore attention that if I had my 30/1.4 mounted. The only people who do notice are other camera geeks and quite frankly us geeks are going to notice a black Nikon 70-200/4 VR just the same as a white Canon 70-200/4.

Any of the Canon white lenses are amazing and I wouldn't want to miss out on using them over a personal hang up.  Does the 70-200/4 do what you need it to do?  If you want something to pair it with to have a larger aperture the 135/2 would be great.  Also the 85/1.8 is too good to not own unless you have the Sigma 1.4 or the Canon L.

jitteringjr's gear list:jitteringjr's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow