The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple Aperture Caution?
In reply to KRR, Jan 25, 2013

KRR wrote:

I like Aperture, and would like to hear your opinions about Apple supporting it. Heck, I am also watching Apple to see if they will support their towers and stand-alone monitors.

Manufacturers need to stick to a long-term plan and stop obsoleting their stuff. It is painfully apparent that Nikon and Apple are going through some changes. Caveat Emptor.

I switched to Mac about 3 years ago and that seems to be roughly when they started making the transition from catering to Pro to scooping up consumers. The Mac Pro still does not have Thunderbolt (last time I looked) and Aperture hasn't been updated in years. They make great computers and hardware but they are drifting into a new market. They even discontinued the 17" MBP. I'll be moving from Aperture to a company that is dedicated to Photographers but I will wait to see how the X-trans thing pans out.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow