Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
RickPick
Contributing MemberPosts: 837Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH2 Settings Tips
In reply to motionfull, Jan 25, 2013

motionfull wrote:

Thank you for your support again!

You are most welcome - glad to be of some help.

I should add that I have used the GH2 for some serious video work, including some that will (hopefully) be shown on a TV series in the UK. In terms of image quality and resolution, it is very good, but the maximum bitrate of around 28mbps in the 24p "cinema" mode is not sufficient to meet most broadcast standards which specify 50mbps as the minimum. Firmware hacks are available at personal-view.com and eoshd.com, which can up the output to well over this limit, however I would recommend that you avoid these until you are comfortable with the camera and its operation. That way you know that any issues you may come across while learning are not associated with hacked settings.

The GH3 has a very good 50mbps mode outputting to .MOV files which can be directly edited without transcoding. The AVCHD files produced by the GH2/GH3 can apparently be edited directly by some editors, none of which I have any experience with, so I always transcode to Prores 422 first.

Rick

RickPick's gear list:RickPick's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow