Scandal: Fuji S6000fd (1/1,7'', 2006) beats NX1000 (APS-C, 2012) for Dynamic Range

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
trac63
Regular MemberPosts: 453
Like?
Re: Scandal: Fuji S6000fd (1/1,7'', 2006) beats NX1000 (APS-C, 2012) for Dynamic Range
In reply to trac63, Jan 25, 2013

trac63 wrote:

Kaziklu wrote:

The way it's been explained to me and from what I have seen from light meters F11 on a Full Frame is about F8 on a APS-C (I'm ball parking from memory so I my be off a little) when it comes to exposure control when working with strobes. Due to sensor and light and much like the crop factor in lens size it also effects F stop as well. I'm admittedly newer to the "science" side so if I'm wrong cool I learned something new.

While the aperture would ´╗┐be smaller on a larger format camera because of the smaller focal length for the same angle of view, the f-number would be the same for a given shutter speed and EV.

This is because the f-number does not represent the aperture but the focal ratio.

I meant to say: the aperture would be smaller on the smaller-format camera. E.g. 35mm in APS-C = 52mm in 135.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow