new Michael Woodford book review & the "Bell Ringer"

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thomas Kolenich
Senior MemberPosts: 2,038Gear list
Like?
Re: Woodford the corporate sharkl
In reply to erichK, Jan 25, 2013

David and Eric. I left Olympus volumtarily, but some of the motivation was that Keymed cut out pay significanly. But I also have to say that 9/11 nearly killed Olympus Industrial. Our biggest customers were the commercial airlines and the US AirForce. Both of those markets took big hits after 9/11.

Actually, it was when I took a 50% reduction in commission ( mainly from the effects of 9/11) that I started to do wedding photography to suppliment my Olympus commissions. I of couse bought all my equipment through the Olympus company store and started with two E-1's and moved to two E-3's and now I use two E-5's.

I would not have started my wedding photography business if my commissions had not been reduced so much.

Whe I left Olympus Industiral, I went to work for a large Canadian printer in Manitoba and stayed there until I turned 67 at the end of 2012. I also covered the Mid-Atlantic terrirory for them.

I have been retired for 25 days now and trying to figure everything out. I am on tract to do 25 weddings this year and have already booked 4 and it is not the end of January. So think that retirement will be just another chapter in my life.

But as I have said before, I receive a retirement check from Olympus each month. That makes me very loyal.

-- hide signature --
 Thomas Kolenich's gear list:Thomas Kolenich's gear list
Nikon D3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow