Win 8 as a digital darkroom platform on a desktop?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 11,856
Like?
Win 8 as a digital darkroom platform on a desktop?
Jan 25, 2013

We've heard all sorts of complaints about Win8 and some vigorous defenses of it.

Regardless of how we feel about Win8, with the announcement this week of an expanding Surface line, it is an indication that Microsoft is doubling down on Win8. We aren't hearing much in direct regard to photography, we need to start compiling some experience info for our area of interest. We might as well get a start on that here.

I don't care about complaints about metro unless they impair (or enhance) the digital darkroom experience in some way. But to those who are using Win8 to organize and edit photos on a desktop, how is it working out for you? Have you had to switch organizer or edit programs? Plug-in issues? Driver issues relating to photography? Any 'gotchas' exclusive to photography?

Please keep in mind, I don't care what you suspect Win8 is like in this regard, I only want to know what you have experienced.

One last thing.  Does anyone have any experience using a Surface device for photography?

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow